Tuesday 16 December 2014

The 12 Days of Christmas - Fifi Von Fosse

"In the July heatwave of '94, Sophie Elizabeth was brought into this world with joy in her heart and music in her soul. 20 years later, her vintage vixen of an alter ego -Fifi Von Fosse- brings the same joyfulness and musicality to a small suburb in North London, spreading her mid-century magic wherever she goes (which is mainly the local charity shops).
A lingerie consultant by day and an enthralling songstress by night, Fifi takes inspiration from women such as Paloma Faith, Imelda May and, of course, Marilyn Monroe. But performing isn't where it stops, oh no. Considering herself somewhat of a Domestic Goddess in Training, Fifi loves anything 'crafty' and greatly enjoys cooking and baking, making felt trinkets for her small business and a spot of interior decorating."


I like coordinating my food with my outfits...
Oh how clever wording makes your life sound more exciting than it truly is! I'm Sophie, but you can call me Fifi, or whatever you wish as long as it isn't 'Oi you!' because I get enough of that at work.
Everything above just about explains me to a very swirly 'T' and I would just like to add that I am the British Belle to come to for all your bra fitting and/or musical needs!

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year. I start preparing for it when my birthday finishes in July and just about get over the excitement of it the following June. I listen to The Fairy-tale of New York all year round and I have a penchant for flashing bauble earrings. If that makes me a festive addict well just send me to the local dingy church hall for an alcoholics anonymous-esque meeting because I am SO guilty.


So deck the halls with boughs of tartan clothing, because it is time for my Christmas wishlist.

  1. A new sewing machine!
  2. 'Vintage Crafts' accessories from dotcomgiftshop.
  3. Cath Kidston sewing box.
  4. Baby Pink Marabou Mules
  5. Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum
Not asking for much, so Santa Baby, if you would be so kind?

So, as I've stated, I do love a bit of baking. And what better time of the year than Christmas to be making lovely treats for yourself, your friends and family? For this reason, I thought I would share with you my favourite Christmas baking recipe- my foolproof Gingerbread Men!

The ingredients you're going to need:











Dry
350g flour
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
175g sugar (white or brown)

Wet
1 egg
4 tablespoons golden syrup
125g butter or butter substitute
Decorating Icing

Tools
2 mixing bowls
Whisk
Measuring spoons
Baking tray
Cooling rack
Greaseproof paper
Cookie Cutters

Domestic Goddess in Training...
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, making sure to sift the flour for lumps.

2. Add in the butter and mix well until there are no lumps left and the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the syrup and egg together well, then add to the other ingredients. Stir well before beginning to mix and knead with your hands.






4. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead before wrapping in clingfilm and leaving to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. Preheat
your oven to 180c/Gas mark 4.

5. After 15 minutes, take the dough from the fridge and roll it out
until it's roughly half a centimetre thick. Then cut your shapes!


6. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, pop your gingerbread men on, then leave them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Less if you want them chewy, more for crunchy.

7. When they are done, leave them on the tray to cool for about 5 minutes, before moving them to a wire rack to completely finish cooling down. When they are cold, you can start decorating!




8. There is no rhyme or reason to how you should decorate. I whipped up some royal icing and used some other bits I had laying around. Also- they don't have to be perfect! Mine are far from! Just do what makes you happy.

Ta-dah!

You can find me at my personal blog Petticoats and Teacups, however I tend to spend more time over at my Instagram, @missfifivonfosse.

So to all you Belles out there, have a very merry Christmas!

on behalf of





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...