Friday 16 February 2018

Rockalily Cuts!



This year we have the absolute pleasure of having a fantastic prize donated by the one and only Rockalily cuts. If you’ve followed Rockalily cuts from the beginning the founder Ree Ree started of with an amazing lipstick line which to this day I still utterly miss as I finished my last lipstick a year or so ago now.


Since the lipstick loving days Ree Ree has gone on to run a very successful hair salon business in the heart of London.



Recently I had the chance to catch up and ask a few burning questions:



BB: When did you start Rockalily cuts and what made you decide to go in to the hair salon business? 

Ree Ree:  I opened the salon back in 2012, so our 6th birthday is just around the corner. I opened it off he back of my lipstick brand Rockalily Lipstick, when I decided I wanted to take my mini-brand further. It seemed like a natural progression, from beauty to hair. I'd no prior experience in either industry, but I made up for it with my enthusiasm I think!


BB: I know in the past you loved pin up, I remember following you on various social media and loving your style and hair, you always look amazing. What would you say your style is these days and do you think it has transformed over the years?

Ree Ree:  I've definitely transitioned a little, but I don't know many people who look the same year after year. My blog initially followed my daily outfits, as I discovered the confidence to dress 'alternatively' and bought a new rockabilly/vintage wardrobe. Over the years I've become a little more mainstream again, the jeans have returned, and my eye liner flicks and tattoos are often the only hints of rockabilly style in my look. I still dabble though, I'm just much more casual these days.

BB: What is your favourite client transformation in the salon? And do you have any pictures you can show us of it.

Ree Ree:  Oh gosh we have so many amazing transformations, from long to short, from black to rainbows, I'm really not sure I can pick one. 



BB: Do you ever miss your lipstick line and what made you decide to end production? Is there a possibility it will come back in the future?

Ree Ree:  My mother certainly still misses it, and she's still using up some of her old stock! I'm told the same by customers on twitter which is really sweet. It was a great quality lipstick that has proved hard to replace it seems. I wanted a different working day, and I wanted to create something bigger than the lipstick could ever be. So it was time to move on.


BB: Top Tip? This can be a life tip, a style tip or a hair tip or anything in between 

Ree Ree: 


1. If you want to run a business take more time reflecting on what people want to buy, rather than what you want to make/sell. 

2. Life really is too short not to dress in a way that makes you feel great. Honestly, no one will look at you and think, "How dare she think she's worthy of dressing up?" (Maybe that was just my fear!!)

3. Invest time and love in your friends as much as you can. 



BB: Also a sneaky little one for our readers, I remember a while ago you spoke about having a celebration event for Rockalily to celebrate it is this something that is still on the cards? 

Ree Ree:  I really hope so! I can't believe that was April 2017, but yes I'd love to do a birthday event when we turn 6. Just got to get the right idea nailed!



I just wanted to say thank you to Ree Ree and all of the team at Rockalily cuts for taking the time to answer our questions and of course for the prize donation.

All Images from Rockalily's Instagram account 


If you would like to go for a cut, colour or style please go to: www.rockalily.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...