Friday 9 February 2018

Vegas or Bust! with Diablo Rose



Image by Diablo Rose 


Our favorite Le Keux cutie, boss ladies sister and all round master of hair and make up across the Le Keux stores gave us the pleasure of having a little interview with her, ahead of her trip to Viva Las Vegas (can you say jealous much!) where she will be competing in the Viva Las Vegas Pin Up Pageant, she 100% has our vote! 

For those of you who don't know, VLV is one of the BIGGEST pin up / vintage / rockabilly weekenders around. Held in it's namesake Sin City itself, us belles can only but dream of one day getting to attend this weekend which would be a once in a life time, dream come true. 

Diablo Rose hit the pin up scene with a bath bomb explosion of signature pink locks that always look quaffed to perfection in so many innovative and delicate styles. She was the leader of the original Le Keux Girls, gracing many covers such as chap magazine and since has recently launched her own line of incredible bold print tees.

So without further a do read on to see what Diablo had to tell us about the pin up comp, her t-shirt line and more....


  1. What made you decide to enter this years VLV pin up comp?
    I think this year I finally decided to stop putting things off, believe in myself, and just go after the things I really want to do! I've dreamt about entering Miss Viva Las Vegas for years, I've even written my application a few times but never actually applied because of self doubt and all those other things which sometimes cloud our thoughts. But when I finally clicked 'enter' for this years competition it was the most amazing feeling of accomplishment, and that alone was a huge boost for me. Getting to the finals and actually being able to realise this dream of mine is going to be life changing and I'm so glad I finally took the plunge. Sometimes it takes a little time to build ourselves up to things, but I can tell you, it's completely worth the wait.
  2. Have you entered a pin up competition before? 
    This will be my first pin up pageant and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement but I'm actually incredibly excited and ready to take on this new experience! I've been chatting with the other entries and finalists online for a few months now and they are all so lovely and supportive, so I just know it's going to be an incredibly uplifting and empowering experience.

  3. What would your all time perfect outfit be to wear at the competition, if money and reality weren't an issue? 
    Photo Credit: My Boudoir H&MU Diablo Rose 
    Ooooh that's a good one, I think if I could combine pastels, tulle, sparkles, bows, a hint of vintage Dior couture, a little Disney inspiration and maybe even some florals in a way that didn't look like a crazy Easter egg that would be amazing. Or maybe I just embrace the Easter egg look and go with it, because if it makes you feel good and happy then do it!!


  4. What are you most excited about? 
    I'm most excited about just trying to take in as much of the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend as I possibly can. Vegas is my favourite place in the world and to visit with thousands of like-minding vintage and pinup lovers is going to amazing. I can't wait to meet everyone, swoon over hair and makeup, dance, shop, maybe even get a new tattoo! I'm also so excited to be going with one of my favourite people in the world, my pal Lisa, we're going on a proper girls trip and I am SO excited to share all of this with her because she's amazing!

  5. And now a little hair and make up question, if you could style anyone's hair or make up who would it be and why? 
    Oh goodness, there's so many stars who I admire, style wise! There's obviously Marilyn Monroe and Dita Von Teese, but I also love those modern twists, like Gwen Stefani. She combines a classic pin up look but gives it an edge and I've always really loved that. But honestly, I LOVE styling my regular customers, being able to understand their own ideal of what makes them feel beautiful in their own skin, then adding a little pin up style to it makes me so happy. When I finish up a hair and makeup appointment and my customer can look in the mirror and tell herself that she looks pretty just makes my day, because really it's those real moments of self confidence which matter the most when I think about what I do for a living.
  6. Also would you consider doing a hair and make up course tour? be it European or international? 
    Absolutely! I would love to travel more, and I'm really hoping to be able to get out and about and do more teaching in 2018, we're working on a few new things and plans at the moment so keep an eye out on my pages!

Photo credit:  Frankie and Gerrys Retro Photo Studio H&MU by Diablo Rose 

Thank you ever so much Diablo for taking the time to chat with us and we will be sure to do a follow up after the big VLV Pageant! EEEEEK! we're all behind you!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...