Thursday 18 December 2014

The 12 Days of Christmas - Miss Alice Donnelly

I am a young nurse in the making with a penchant for tattoos and red lipstick. When I’m not being a nurse, I love to show off my teeny weeny waist in clothes of the 40s, 50s and 60s. My icons include Dita Von Teese, Marlene Dietrich and Frida Kahlo. Strawberry milkshake and fried chicken is my staple diet.

The roots of my love for the vintage style stems from when I moved to London to study. Inspired by the masses of culture here in the capital of England, I decided that I needed a change. I started pin curling my hair, wearing bright red lipstick and wearing dresses so tight I had to waddle down the street (seductively, of course!) I am constantly learning new things about the vintage look everyday through social media sites such as Tumblr and Instagram and also through vintage-style blogs. 

 What I couldn’t live without in my day-to-day life:
  • Lipstick (in case you hadn't guessed)
  • Vintage clothes - anything from wiggle dresses, to swing skirts to high-waist capris!
  • Eyeliner flicks (they are never perfect, and never will be. It is all part of the charm).
  • Curled hair - My hairstyle of choice is the page, as shown below.




My Christmas wish list includes:
  • Banned cocktail bolero
  • Collectif Andi bolero
  • Silk dressing gown, night dress and marabou mules
  • Pink taffeta halterneck dress 

All these beautiful British Belles have shared with you their creativity through various Christmas-themed tutorials. Being a nurse, I don't have any talents like cooking, jewellery making or sewing.
However, I can take a pulse... No? Not your thing?
Well, how about you check out these vintage Christmas hair ideas below!
Add a red bow for that Christmassy pressie cuteness (Google)
A simple up do with red berries and tartan (Vintage Current)
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree... (Netherlands)
Accessorise with a hat for a cute retro look (Google)

Diana Dors does the Santa hat look oh so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...