Tuesday 28 March 2017

Introducing ... an interview with Miss Lillian Love


             I recently had the pleasure of catching up with Miss Lillian Love, a UK pin up model who also recently landed the role of Fashion and Events editor for InRetrospect magazine. I wanted to talk to her about the upcoming Pin Up Pageant at Viva Las Vegas that she is one of the finalists for and in fact the only UK finalist! How incredible is that?






BB- When did your pinup career start?

LL- Well I guess my pinup journey started with my first shoot which was with Jez Brown Photography. I never thought of myself as a Pinup and but a friend recommended it as a confidence booster after a bad breakup! I had so much fun that I ended up planning more and more shoots! I finally got up the courage to start my Pinup modelling page in February 2013.

The past few years have been incredible! I've enjoyed every moment and I have been lucky enough to work with some amazingly talented photographers, models, designers, makeup artists and hairstylists, and model for some great clothing companies.


BB- what is your favourite thing about Pin Up?
LL - I'm really quite shy and modelling has improved my confidence. I've never been a conventional beauty and I love that Pin-Up embraces women of all shapes and sizes and encourages us to find and celebrate our best features.

I'm shy but I love meeting new people. I'd like people to know that if they see me at Viva I'd love it if they came up to say hello! And of course I'd appreciate any votes on the day!


Jez Brown Photography

BB- is this your first time at VLV?


LL- Yes, and I'm super-excited about it! I've been wanting to go for years! This year I'm going to turn 40 and I decided it was now or never!
 

Viva Las Vegas 2017

BB- What made you decide to enter the pin up contest?

LL- A friend knew I was going to Viva and tagged me in a post about it! I wasn't going to but she said 'What have you got to lose?' and I decided to go for it!


BB- how did you feel when you heard the news you'd made the final?


LL- Surprised and excited! I didn't quite believe it and had to re-read the message a few times! I'd seem my photo come down off the site before I went to bed and I thought that was it - I wasn't through to the voting round. I woke up to the best surprise! I feel really proud to be through to the finals with such an amazing group of women!
 

Nick Photos


BB- Aside from the contest what are you most looking forward to at VLV?


LL- all of it! There's so much to see and do! I love dancing so I'm really excited about all the great bands playing over the weekend, and I'm a big fan of Dita Von Teese so I can't wait to see her perform again! And the car show is meant to be incredible - I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful cars!


BB- Who's your biggest inspiration?


LL - My biggest inspiration was always my grandma. I use her maiden name for modelling in tribute to her - she was kind and fun, with a wicked sense of humour and a smile that lit up the room and she always looked stylish.

BB- Who's your biggest icon?


LL- There are many amazing women I admire - Bettie Grable, Bettie Page, Cyd Charisse, Ava Gardner, Lauren Bacall...but I think if I had to pick just one it would be Heddy Lamarr because she was as intelligent as she was beautiful! 



BB- what's a mantra you live by?


LL - A little kindness goes a long way! Treat others how they'd like to be treated.

BB- what would you say to anyone thinking of entering this competition next year?


LL- I'd tell them to go for it! There's nothing to lose and I've met some amazing women through this contest. Everyone is so lovely and supportive and I've made some wonderful new friends!
If you'd like to follow Lillian's VLV journey or just want to know more about her Pin Up modelling please find her:

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

be sure to check back as we'll do a follow up after VLV to see how it all went! *fingers crossed* Lillian we're all cheering for you!


Interview by Charlotte Mary







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...